Zip package zip directly to S3

No more questions - please go to http://www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Zip package zip directly to S3

Postby Dennis1 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:44 am

I'm trying to gather a lot of files into one zip package on my S3 drive with direct zipping, but syncovery always creates a local file first - "Use ZIP package" and "Zip directly to destination" are both checked. I don't have enough local space to zip that files locally first. How to achieve this?

Regards,
Dennis
Dennis1

Re: Zip package zip directly to S3

Postby superflexible on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Hello,
the "Zip directly" checkmark does not apply to uploading with Internet protocols. You need to lower the number of files per zip on the Zip Package Configuration dialog, and/or use the "Limit Zip File Size" feature. That way, it will only create 1-2 zip packages in advance before uploading them.

You can also specify a different folder for temporary files, so you could maybe provide some TEMP space on an external hard drive. This setting is on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet Misc.

Please try it and let me know how it works.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby Dennis1 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:09 am

Lowering the limit does not help - I have some really big files as well (too big for ANY additional folder/storage, even compressed).
Dennis1

Postby superflexible on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:55 am

It looks like I don't have a solution for this currently.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby superflexible on Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Hello,
the new version 8 Development Build 3 is now available, which can compress and encrypt directly to an Internet Protocol without temporary files.

This requires the new .sz file format, which you can choose on the zipping tab sheet.

Currently, only "Compress each file individually" is supported, not the Zip Package option with multiple files in a single archive.

https://www.syncovery.com/download/windows/
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Windows Support * new forum: www.syncovery.com/forum