Synology Package UI Stability

No more questions - please go to www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Synology Package UI Stability

Postby xawen on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:17 am

Hi,

I have been testing v7.97e of the Synology package. I have 7 profiles set up, one of which does very large transfers to B2. Overall Syncovery worked great, however I have had a lot of instability in the Web UI. Several times it has stopped responding, requiring the Syncovery package to be restarted. Unfortunately the package restart can't happen while a transfer is active. Is the stability of the Web UI a known issue, or is there a setting somewhere that I screwed up?

Thanks!
xawen

Re: Synology Package UI Stability

Postby superflexible on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:57 am

Did you try the access the Web UI from within the same LAN, or over the Internet?

Large upload transfers may sometimes take all the bandwidth so that the web UI can be hard to reach. In addition, some browsers may be problematic. For best results, try Google Chrome under Windows, or FireFox under Linux.

To be able to analyze possible hangs, please enable the following checkmark on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet Advanced:
X Enable status web pages

Then if port 8999 doesn't show the web page, you can try 8998 and you will get some diagnostics information which you can send to support@syncovery.com.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby xawen on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:13 am

It seems to become inaccessible only during transfers. This was local LAN access, with Chrome.

I will enable the Status Pages option and try to reproduce the issue with logs.

Thanks!
xawen

Postby xawen on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:40 pm

I had imported my profiles from a XML file created on the Windows version of Syncovery. It looks like that might have caused my instability. I deleted all profiles and manually recreated them and have not been able to reproduce the web ui instability. I will continue to test.

I have run into a problem with mail notifications though. I will start a new thread for that.
xawen

Postby xawen on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:04 am

Update: I left Syncovery idle over the weekend. When I returned to it today both the web ui (port 8999) and the debug UI (port 8998) were inaccessible. They were timing out when accessed.

I stopped and started the Syncovery package and the UI was still inaccessible.

I stopped the package again. At this point 'ps' showed two SyncoveryCL processes running. One was the generic process that starts with the package. The other listed one of the configured profiles. No profiles have a schedule and none were manually run so there should not have been one running.

I killed both processes, started the package and they ui was accessible again.

I can provide any diagnostic info that would be helpful, but the port 8998 interface isn't accessible when this occurs.
xawen

Postby superflexible on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:49 am

Hello,
unfortunately I do not know how we could analyze this problem right now. I will watch for it on my four Synology test machines.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby superflexible on Fri May 04, 2018 7:03 am

Hello,
I have updated Syncovery for Linux, and you will also find a Syncovery Guardian on our download page that restarts the service if necessary.

Note that when your trial period has expired, the service will stop. You will find warnings or errors in the Synology log center or notifications.
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Linux Support