Synology app first run

No more questions - please go to www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Synology app first run

Postby dhardyuk on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:55 am

Hi there,

I've downloaded and installed the Synology 64 bit 7.88a package. This is a fresh install with no pre-existing syncovery installation to confuse things.

As far as I can tell from the Synology GUI, the Syncovery daemon is installed and running. When I click on the Syncovery icon on the Synology Desktop I am redirected to http://mysynologyIP:8999/index.html and presented with a logon box.

Which credentials should I use? - none of the pre-existing synology user accounts are accepted.

Should I be able to configure this from the web gui or have do I need to do some prep in an ssh session to get this running?

I've restarted the Synology and applied the most recent update to the DSM but nothing has changed.

Thanks

David
dhardyuk

Re: Synology app first run

Postby dhardyuk on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:27 pm

OK,

I've ssh'd onto the Synology box and edited the html of the syncology index page to add the local ip to the exclusions for passwords 8-)

(I overtyped the 127.0.0.1 address with the 192.168.x.y of the synology)

So I can now get into the syncovery web gui! :D

I have had a rummage :? and I still can't find where users can be configured :(

Any help finding out how to set Syncovery on the NAS as a backup target for my other computers would be great.

I'm replacing a Crashplan peer to peer backup setup so I'm evaluating how well Syncovery fits rounds my requirements and where the wrinkles might be 8-)

Thanks

David
dhardyuk

Re: Synology app first run

Postby superflexible on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:26 am

Hello,

the default credentials are mentioned on the Linux download page. They are:
pass

They can be changed on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet "Misc, License".
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Linux Support