Syncovery web interface via ssh port forwarding?

No more questions - please go to www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Syncovery web interface via ssh port forwarding?

Postby backup_user_123 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:22 am

I'm evaluating Syncovery as a possible solution for accessing ACD via Linux.

I've successfully installed the application on my home system and initial testing looks very positive.

I'd now like to access the Syncovery web page via a port forwarded ssh connection (from work, I ssh into my home system, port forwarding work/local port 10480 to home/port 8999). This does work and presents me with the Syncovery web interface. However, every connection will eventually say 'Connection Lost', 'Session Expired, please reload'.

My guess is that the web interface is attempting to communicate with the Syncovery application on yet another port which I will also need to port forward.

Any help or links to documentation about this would be greatly appreciated.
backup_user_123

Re: Syncovery web interface via ssh port forwarding?

Postby superflexible on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Hello,
it does not use any other ports. But the web interface sends a HTTP request to the server every two seconds in order to update its status and keep the session alive. If the requests do not come in for over 20 seconds, the session is considered dead and you need to login again. So it seems that your connection does not allow all requests to pass through correctly.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby backup_user_123 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:57 pm

I haven't had any luck identifying any ssh settings which will allow this to work.

Is there anything in the Syncovery Settings Dictionary which would allow me to change the 2 second status update polling interval? I'm wondering if the interval was a bit longer (say 5 seconds), if the port forwarding would allow the web session to stay alive (or even start).
backup_user_123

Postby superflexible on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:11 pm

The interval is specified in the Javascript in the Web Docs.
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Linux Support