Share name problem - right side

No more questions - please go to http://www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Share name problem - right side

Postby RadicalDad on Wed May 11, 2011 12:21 am

Right about now I'm wondering why I made the switch to Macs. This is ridiculous.

My profiles will no longer connect to my NAS on the right side. The problem started with PathFinder, a Finder extension (don't do it!). Seems to be fairly buggy with regard to network shares, and once installed, SFFS started failing. I removed PathFinder from the Mac, and even went so far as to delete com.apple.finder.plist and com.apple.sidebar.plist since they seemed to be rather screwed up. The Mac now displays finder items correctly and is also back to properly displaying network shares.

However, it is clear from looking at the logs that SFFS can't find the NAS. A fully qualified share name has been entered in the Job tab, Mount Network Volumes dialog. That hasn't changed. Shouldn't that be all that is needed to find the NAS? Apparently not. There must be something else that PathFinder screwed up so that the mount point no longer gets associated correctly. Or maybe its never mounted. I know how to check such things in Windows, but not in OS-X.

Suggestions as to how I fix this? And one other thing - the last run on one of the profiles, done manually, says it wants to delete everything since it couldn't see the right side. How do I stop that from actually happening when we get the other problem fixed? In Windows, I'd just delete the Superflexible database and let it regenerate, but I don't know where to find it on the Mac. Suggestions?

So sorry to inflict my Mac learning curve on you.

(Macs must hate me. I can't even get the smiles to work properly in this message.)
RadicalDad

Re: Share name problem - right side

Postby superflexible on Wed May 11, 2011 8:07 am

Hello,

in Finder, you should hit Cmd-K and then you can mount a volume. If the necessary share is greyed out, then it is already mounted.

In the Superflexible profile, it may help to choose the network folder again (specify the left or right-hand path again).

I don't think you should entirely switch to Macs. Some tasks can still be run by a Windows machine, even if it is an old one.
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Mac Support * new forum: www.syncovery.com/forum