"Waiting for Availability" on real-time jobs

No more questions - please go to http://www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

"Waiting for Availability" on real-time jobs

Postby dangerwit on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi everyone,

We have some "Mirror" jobs that run in real-time mode that work pretty well. Today, we had an outage that resulted in our Windows box going down for about 60 seconds -- this is the box running Syncovery 6.33. SOME of our realtime jobs (not all) are in a status of "Waiting for Availability". Both LEFT and RIGHT paths are UNC paths. I have other real-time jobs that use nearly the same UNC path (different sub folders, but same root) and they are fine.

The job includes the "Run as user" feature, and runs fine in Scheduled mode (every 5 minutes). I confirmed via logfile that the scheduled job does run as the intended user.

I have tried:
- restarting the "Syncovery Service" and "SyncoveryVSSService" via service control panel
- restarted the service and scheduler via the Syncovery GUI
- running the real-time job fully once via the "Run in Background" mode
- changing the real-time job to a scheduled job, running to completion, then changing back to real-time

Any thoughts? I can reboot the server, but I'd like to know if I'm missing something obvious, or if there are any troubleshooting steps I can try?

*Phil
dangerwit

Re: "Waiting for Availability" on real-time jobs

Postby superflexible on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Hello,

the "Run As User" feature is not used for the monitoring, only for the copying. So you need to make sure that the network folders can be watched by the service's main user account. You can also put network credentials in the profile under Job->Network Connections. This is generally preferred to the "Run as user" feature. "Run as user" should only be used if it is absolutely necessary to access certain local folders. Not for folders on the network.

Please see also:
http://www.syncovery.com/documentation/faq/noaccess/

Finally, you can turn on a realtime status log at the bottom of the Logs tab sheet on the Program Settings dialog. This may contain some useful error messages, too.
superflexible
Site Admin

Try this solution

Postby fastx19 on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:26 am

I had the same issue. Loss of power and suddenly they are all in a Waiting for Availability status.

The fix for me was to go and stop the scheduler, then restart it. Sounds silly but it worked.

Thanks.
fastx19

Return to Windows Support * new forum: www.syncovery.com/forum