Syncovery 8 - Strange behavior with File system Monitoring

Please use this forum for all your technical Support needs.

Moderator: BackupCreations Administrators

Syncovery 8 - Strange behavior with File system Monitoring

Postby KRyder on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:56 am

Hi there,

I've installed Syncovery 8.04 onto a server that had 7.88d installed on it. It's a production server, but data is mostly replicated to it (mirrored).

I've performed some initial testing just before going live with it (I did install it on a test PC and everything seemed to be fine, this issue is on this server - I haven't checked on a test server to see if the same issue is there).

OS is Microsoft Server 2016. I installed straight over version 8 - all seemed to go well.

I have created a relatively simple profile that simply mirrors the content of one directory to another (on the same server). Versions are also enabled in the profile.

My test file is a very simple 1K txt file.

When Block Level Copying, using File System Monitoring is selected, everything seems to work ok (Syncovery Auxiliary Services Control Panel has File System Monitor Service started).

However, when Detect Changed Files Via File System Monitoring Even if Timestamps Unchanged is also selected, strange things begin to happen. The Profile is ran manually in unattended mode. When First run the data file is mirrored to the destination directory and job finishes ok. When then ran a second time it behaves as if the data file has been updated - the destination creates an older version file - thus leaving me with two files in the destination folder. When then ran a third time, the job starts and says that there is an error with 1 file. The error produced is 183:Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

The results are repeatable with multiple files in the source folder (it'll create older versions of them all on the second run).

Happy to run any (reasonable) tests that you need me to, as I'd like to be more comfortable with the File System Monitoring before progressing with using in production.

Regards,

Kieran
KRyder

Re: Syncovery 8 - Strange behavior with File system Monitoring

Postby superflexible on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Hello,
sorry for the late reply. We have meanwhile fixed various bugs. If problems remain, please contact support@syncovery.com
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support