Can't Access Right Path

No more questions - please go to http://www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Can't Access Right Path

Postby ForestCat on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:21 am

I've searched on this, and found some old posts stating that it's related to OS-X changing it's volume mount points etc.
Hoping someone can tell me if there was ever a reliable fix for this issue re: Syncovery?

If so, then consider the following:

Syncovery running on a mac pro, backing up local files to a shared folder on an iMac

For the sake of example, the the name of the iMac is: rich's iMac (there'a a space)
The shared folder is called Backup
The files are synced from the mac pro to a folder within the Backup folder called MP_Back

When the connection is established via Finder's Connect To Server, the share appears within the right-hand side of the Syncovery profile as:
/Volumes/Backup/MP_Back
It will work for a week or so, and then "Can't Access Right Path", and I need to re-connect via Finder's 'Connect To Server' to get it working again. That's not a solution.
Given the above machines/shares, can anyone tell me EXACTLY what I need to enter into the appropriate Syncovery dialogs for 'Right Hand Side' and Job-->Mount Network Volumes', etc to make this work??
I've tried every combination I could think of, and running the profile manually always yields 'Unable to Connect to Network Volume'

I really appreciate any help. Thanks.
ForestCat

Re: Can't Access Right Path

Postby superflexible on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Hello,
yes you need the Mount Volumes option.

The path will be similar to this:

smb://rich's iMac/shared drive

You should see the correct path in Finder's Connect to Server dialog.

If problems remain, please send a log file to support@syncovery.com
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Mac Support * new forum: www.syncovery.com/forum