Where is the "follow symbolic links to files" setting?

No more questions - please go to www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Where is the "follow symbolic links to files" setting?

Postby backup_user_123 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:56 am

I'm trying to setup a backup profile which copies my local files to my cloud storage account.

Ideally, I'd like to have a local folder into which I can create symbolic links to the folders I need backed up. Then my backup profile would be setup to use this folder and would automagically follow the symlinks to the files and folders to be processed.

This post lays out this backup strategy and makes mention of 2 settings

• Advanced / Masks & Filters / General Filters / Follow Junction Points / Symbolic Links to Files
  • Advanced / Masks & Filters / General Filters / Follow Junction Points / Symbolic Links to Folders

I can't find these 2 settings anywhere. I'm using Syncovery 7.98 on a Synology 916+ and Syncovery 7.97d on an Kubuntu 16.04 linux system (neither instance show those settings). I'm using the web interface.

Navigating 'Edit Profile' -> 'Masks & Filters' -> 'General Filters' shows only two options, 'Process Hidden Files' and 'Search Hidden Folders'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
backup_user_123

Re: Where is the "follow symbolic links to files" setting?

Postby backup_user_123 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Well, drats.

I heard back from support and the ability to follow symbolic links is only supported on the Windows version at the moment.
backup_user_123

Re: Where is the "follow symbolic links to files" setting?

Postby superflexible on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Hello,
yes, very sorry for this, I hope it can be added to the Linux version this year. Right now we have to get Syncovery 8 for Windows out of the door, and shortly afterwards for Mac and Linux.
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Linux Support