Bandwidth throttling scheduler?

Please use this forum for all your technical Support needs.

Moderator: BackupCreations Administrators

Bandwidth throttling scheduler?

Postby atuline on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Am sending an email to support@syncovery.com, which asks:

I own both Syncovery as well as Cloudberry for Cloud based backups. I also have some clients with limited bandwidth and large files that I need to back up.

What I need to be able to do is to limit the bandwidth used during the day, and reduce those limits during the evening and possibly reduce them further on the weekend.

To that end, Cloudberry supports an option to allow multiple bandwidth settings depending on the time of day and day of week.

I'm unable to find this in Syncovery, which would mean I would be unable to use it for some of my clients.

Is this hidden somewhere, as there are a lot of options in this package and I would think that bandwidth throttling would be fairly basic?
atuline

Re: Bandwidth throttling scheduler?

Postby superflexible on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:21 pm

We are working on it!
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby QSS-Support on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:22 am

Interested in seeing this as well.

Cloudbacko also has such a feature. The scheduler in Cloudbacko can be setup to only allow backups between certain hours of the day and will end a running backup once that period is up. The when the next cycle comes, will start the backup again. Very useful for cloud based backups that can take a long time to do an initial sync on a limited bandwidth connection.
QSS-Support

Postby QSS-Support on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:28 am

Just saw this : #p4830

That should do what I need without playing with the bandwidth. Of course, having bandwidth control is also useful :D
QSS-Support

Postby superflexible on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:44 pm

Syncovery can do all that, via the "Time Window" setting, as well as the Advanced Speed Limit features that were added recently. Please see the tab sheet Files->More in the profile.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby lee-destiny on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:23 am

Is it possible to limit the bandwidth used by Syncovery as a whole? For example, if I set 4 profiles with 1MB/s and they happen to run at the same time (because sometimes there is a large amount of data in one or more of these profiles), then it could use 4MB/s as a whole.

I would prefer to limit the whole of Syncovery to say 3MB/s and if one profile is running, it will use 3Mbps, but if two or more are running, it will split the bandwidth between them.

Also, in Syncovery, it says "MegaBytes/sec" (MB/s or MBps), but nearly always, bandwidth is in "Megabits/sec" (Mb/s or Mbps), so this would make more sense to use this calculation rather then MB/s.

Thanks.
lee-destiny

Return to Technical Support