Folder TimeStamp

No more questions - please go to http://www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Folder TimeStamp

Postby pepsy78 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:20 am

I have mirrored few folder through a remote FTP site (running filezilla server) but there's some problem with TimeStamp.

The files have the correct timestamp reflecting the one on source server but the folder have the timestamp from when they were created on Ftp site and not the one on the source.

Is there any option to keep them and to adjust the folder timestamp on already existing destination site?

Regards
pepsy78

Re: Folder TimeStamp

Postby superflexible on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:15 am

Folder timestamps cannot be manipulated via FTP when you upload data.

Are you downloading or uploading?
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby pepsy78 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:33 am

Uploading. I checked the ftp server for MFMT command on directory and it works (tried with raw command from a ftp client).

Any other way I can achieve a synchronization by keeping the correct folder timestamp?
pepsy78

Postby superflexible on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Adjusting folder timestamps is not supported via any Internet Protocol in Syncovery. However if you say that MFMT works with your server, I will implement it.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby pepsy78 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:19 am

Thank you!!

I will look forward for the next build.
pepsy78

Postby superflexible on Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:58 am

The new version 7.46 can now set folder timestamps. You need to choose "Compare Folder Timestamps" under Comparison->More, otherwise it will not do it.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby Shaipetit on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:24 am

Does Syncovery also support setting folder Created and Modified timestamps for SFTP transfers?

FTP has MFTM command, SFTP has something else entirely (SSH_FXP_SETSTAT and SSH_FXP_FSETSTAT packets).

When I use left to right exact mirror mode I expect not only the data, but also the whole corresponding metadata (folder Created and Modified timestamps) to be mirrored too. I heavily rely on sorting by Created and Modified timestamps, therefore preserving these folder timestamps over SFTP transfers is crucial.

Would it be possible to implement support for folder timestamps preservation over SFTP?

Thank you.
Shaipetit

Postby Shaipetit on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Comparison -> More -> Folder Timestamps checked.

One way left to right exact mirror sync was used.

I've performed some tests related to Syncovery's handling of Created and Modified timestamps for files and folders when syncing to FTP and SFTP servers as destination.

FTP

Tested FileZilla FTP server.

Syncovery doesn't sync Created timestamps both for files and folders. Created timestamps for files and folders on FTP server are set to current time of uploading.

Syncovery does sync Modified timestamps both for files and folders.

SFTP

SFTP was tricky. Behavior depended on SFTP server used.

Syncovery wasn't able to connect and sync to SolarWinds SFTP & SCP Server, because of Connection error (10022).

Using default options on SFTP servers like (freeFTPd, Core FTP Server, Core FTP mini sftp server, Rebex Tiny SFTP Server) and Syncovery default SFTP options Syncovery only synced Modified timestamps for files, but not folders.

For instance, when Syncovery was trying to change Modified timestamps for folders, Core FTP Server left such entry in log file:
"Timestamp set of '䔯敶祲桴湩ge' failed (20170717 13:00:00)..."

Created timestamps for files were set with the same value as Modified timestamps, but for folders current time of uploading was used.

However, when using Wing FTP server (SFTP) the behavior was exactly the same as with FileZilla FTP server (FTP): sync of Modified timestamps both for files and folders, but no sync for Created timestamps.

In conclusion, provided one uses compatible FTP server (e.g. FileZilla FTP server) or SFTP server (e.g. Wing FTP server) Syncovery does sync Modified timestamps both for files and folders, however Syncovery doesn't sync Created timestamps both for files and folders. Created timestamps for files and folders on (S)FTP server are set to current time of uploading.

Would it be possible to add sync support for Created timestamps for files and folders when using FTP and/or SFTP servers?

Thank you.
Shaipetit

Return to Windows Support * new forum: www.syncovery.com/forum