Understanding Log Errors

No more questions - please go to http://www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Understanding Log Errors

Postby guyonphone on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:07 pm

I would like some help understanding the log files could you please answer the following questions:

1. What conditions cause "Duplicate Folder Name, please resolve manually"
Access to these paths was not possible:
\Finance\01 AP\2015: Duplicate Folder Name, please resolve manually
D:\Shares\Company\<Redacted>\Entity Master Documents\1- <Redacted> Master Documents: Access is denied.
D:\Shares\Company\<Redacted>\Capital\<Redacted> App: Access is denied.
\Finance\02 Banking\Bank of America\<Redacted> Management Services, LLC (68669): Duplicate Folder Name, please resolve manually

2. What conditions cause "Newer File is not being replaced"
Newer file is not being replaced: ftp://ftp. Archives/Archives 2012/<redacted> Apartments/Rent Roll/Rent Roll <redacted>.xls

3. I am performing a Left to Right Mirror where Left is my File Share, and Right is an FTP server.
I have a list in the log that says "Access to these paths was not possible" then provides a list of directory paths, which seem to be a mixture of the local file system and the ftp path intermingled. Why are they intermingled?

Access to these paths was not possible:
\Finance\01 AP\2015: Duplicate Folder Name, please resolve manually
D:\Shares\Company\<Redacted>\Entity Master Documents\1- <Redacted> Master Documents: Access is denied.
D:\Shares\Company\<Redacted>\Capital\<redacted> App: Access is denied.
\Finance\02 Banking\<Redacted>\<Redacted> Management Services, LLC (68669): Duplicate Folder Name, please resolve manually
D:\Shares\Company\<Redacted>\Capital\Fund Docs\Fund Doc Research: Access is denied.

Thanks in advance.
guyonphone

Re: Understanding Log Errors

Postby superflexible on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:38 am

Hello,
duplicate folder name means that the folder name seems to appear twice in the same parent folder. Usually it is caused by different case spellings, but in the case of the 2015 folder maybe it appears twice, one with an additional space at the end? This space may not be seen via FTP, so the folder is a duplicate. You need to log into the FTP manually and fix it.

"Newer file is not being replaced" means that the timestamp of the file on the FTP server is newer than on the source. You need to allow replacing newer files with older ones in the profile under Safety->Unattended Mode. Or just run the job in attended mode and you will be able to confirm the replacement.

The paths in "Access to these paths was not possible" are a summary of problematic folders. Some problems were local, some FTP, so the paths look different depending on the origin of the problem.
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Windows Support * new forum: www.syncovery.com/forum