Cloud services authorization via CLI?

No more questions - please go to www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Cloud services authorization via CLI?

Postby backup_user_123 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:54 pm

I have a work around for this but I feel like I'm cheating (and it's kinda cheesy) so I'd like to find out if there's an "official" way of doing this. I haven't yet found anything in the docs but I could be using the wrong search terms.

If I'm using Syncovery purely from the command line (not using the browser interface in any way), is there a way to setup authorization for cloud services like Amazon Cloud Drive or GDrive?

My situation is that I'm using a Google Compute instance with Syncovery installed to migrate data from ACD to somewhere (*** ANYWHERE *** sorry, editorializing... ) else.

ACD and Google Drive both require an authentication step which is fairly easy via the Syncovery web interface.

How is this authentication done purely via the command line? Is it even possible?

Any pointers to relevant documentation would be greatly appreciated.
backup_user_123

Re: Cloud services authorization via CLI?

Postby superflexible on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:43 pm

If you run a profile with /RUNX="Profile Name", Synovery will show the autorization URL in your terminal window. You can click on it and authorize Syncovery with the cloud service.

If possible, open the URL in a browser on a machine with the same public IP address. If this is not possible, then please wait for the message “You have successfully authorized Syncovery” and then edit the URL you see in the browser’s address bar by adding &ip=aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd, specifying your server’s IP address. Then hit Enter to reload the page with the edited URL, and you will see the confirmation for the IP address specified.
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Linux Support