Syncovery 7.84a synchronization needs Interface to be open

Please use this forum for all your technical Support needs.

Moderator: BackupCreations Administrators

Syncovery 7.84a synchronization needs Interface to be open

Postby lp-cons on Thu May 11, 2017 7:40 am

Hi,

I'm running Syncovery Pro 7.84a. I've created a folder to folder continues synchronization profile.
The Syncovery scheduler service is installed, running as SYSTEM, configured to start automatically, and is running at all times.
When I open the Syncovery interface I see that the scheduler is started.

I've identified a problem where when I'm logged into the machine and the Syncovery UI is open, synchronization works perfectly, but when I log out of the machine synchronization doesn't happen.

Furthermore, I've also noticed that if another user opens the UI, it doesn't help to work around the issue. It needs to be opened in my profile by my user. Maybe it's related to my user being the one who installed Syncovery.

Please help.

Thanks!
lp-cons

Re: Syncovery 7.84a synchronization needs Interface to be open

Postby superflexible on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:21 pm

superflexible
Site Admin

Postby lp-cons on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:13 am

Your link has helped, thanks.
I find it weird that the scheduler is designed to run by default only when the UI is open.
For me (an experienced IT guy) it was confusing.
I think that you should at least prompt for the installation of the service during Syncovery installation, with a short explanation of what the service installation is useful for.

Thanks
lp-cons

Postby superflexible on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:55 pm

The scheduler runs as a background app by default, and does not need the UI to be open. You just need to go to the Scheduler tab sheet and start it. I don't know exactly what went wrong in your case but I figured you needed the service. Not all customer need that.
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support