Syncovery (beta) is very slow

Please use this forum for all your technical Support needs.

Moderator: BackupCreations Administrators

Syncovery (beta) is very slow

Postby rhodzelmans on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:54 am

Hi,

We are having problems with our backups. We started with the latest official release, but since it did not solve our problems we are currently at the latest beta.

The problem we are having is that backups of a few mb's, take almost all night to complete.

The building file-list phase goes pretty fast, but the copy action takes forever.

We have a VPN, with roughly 100mbit available, but we see jobs that copy 5 mb run for hours on end on the copy function.

Also i see strange statusses when the jobs are running, for example:
Running [ATTHR:N/N]
Running [DCopy30]

This suggests to me the backup software is having issues, these statussus are not documented anywhere, search on this forum reveals nothing.

We are using the local file cache option, but the filelist buildign speed is ok. Its when the job start copy-ing wich makes it slow.

Is there any more information you need, or can you make a recomendation on this setup?
rhodzelmans

Re: Syncovery (beta) is very slow

Postby superflexible on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:46 am

These codes mean that calls to Windows API functions take longer than expected, due to the VPN.

You can try turning Windows API Copying Function on or off in the profile under Files->More. Also on the Files tab sheet, make sure you copy only 1 file at the same time, in order not to overload the VPN.

DCopy30 especially means it is setting the copied file's timestamps and/or NTFS security. If you are copying NTFS security, maybe you can try without. You can also post a log file here, which includes statistics, or send it to support@syncovery.com.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby superflexible on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:46 am

Also please update to the latest version (beta or not beta).
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby rhodzelmans on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:04 am

Hi superflexible,

thanks for the fast reply!

We have windows API already turned off, im assuming i should try to turn it on?

In the profiles it says copy only 1 file, but there is no checkmark for this setting, im assuming when you change the number it will update the setting?

I will update to the latest version (you just released .46 since ive updated monday to .45?)

If this does not work, ill post some logfiles.
rhodzelmans

Postby rhodzelmans on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:48 am

Hi,

I've enabled the windows API function, and the backup runs a bit smoother, however still having a slow filetransfer.

Could you perhaps explain what the Running [ATTHR:N/N] stands for?

I see this the most.
rhodzelmans

Return to Technical Support