Errors on first test of Linux Version

No more questions - please go to www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Errors on first test of Linux Version

Postby acer on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi,

I am testing this under Cent OS 6.0 64 bit version, I downloaded the extras and installed to get it running.

The application runs (running as root) and I created a test profile, I mounted a directory locally that is an SMB/CIFS share that I wanted to back up to. (Right side is the CIFS share - /nfs/backup08 which is a CIFS mounted share with write access verified) Left side is the local directory /smb/8 Copy Left to Right is set with Exact Mirror mode set.

When I run the profile in attended mode it goes to the screen of Progress Building File Lists, it gets up to folders and files found: 1924, added to file list: 1924, then it shows an Error dialog box and says:

Error EIntOverflow: Arithmetic overflow, Checkpoints: FindThEw1/ UIDX @0810083c EPrepException at 0810083C.

On the Progress Building File Lists dialog box, it shows the Path it made it to, on other test runs it varied to what directory # it gets up to, but always has the same error code.

Here is one of my logs, any idea to what is causing this issue?

Super Flexible File Synchronizer v5.50, build 245

Running on : test.internal.net

Log for profile test, started at 16:02:13 on 3-9-11

LEFT: /smb/8
RIGHT: /nfs/backup08

Copying Direction : Left To Right
Exact Mirror Mode is being used.
The profile is executed in attended mode.

Previous run was at 3-9-11 16:01:53: access problem (EIntOverflow: Arithmetic overflow, Checkpoints: FindThEw1/UIDX @0810083C)

Move Deleted Files Into Folder Setting is OFF.

Traverse Exception EIntOverflow: Arithmetic overflow @0810083C, Checkpoints: FindThEw1/UIDX

EIntOverflow: Arithmetic overflow, Checkpoints: FindThEw1/UIDX @0810083C @ 0810083C

Error building file list: Exception EIntOverflow: Arithmetic overflow, Checkpoints: FindThEw1/UIDX @0810083C
Stopped due to "Failed" (1)
Job preparation and/or building the filelist failed.

The synchronization was prepared but not carried out.
Error building file list: Exception EIntOverflow: Arithmetic overflow, Checkpoints: FindThEw1/UIDX @0810083C, preparation not OK.

SUMMARY
----------------
Short Results: access problem (EIntOverflow: Arithmetic overflow, Checkpoints: FindThEw1/UIDX @0810083C)
Operation completed at 16:02:19 on 3-9-11
Total duration: 00:00:05

Nothing to be done

------------------------------------------------------------------

Email Notification Settings:
Profile was started manually, and email is turned ON for manual runs.
Synchronization has not been carried out due to errors, the email should be sent if above settings require it.

These settings are stored in:
/root/.SuperFlexibleSynchronizer/SuperFlexibleSynchronizer.cfg

----------------

I tried mounting a different CIFS share and using a different local directory and tested and it worked (at least it got through the building file lists), with 340,000 plus files/directories.

Although it claimed I needed to copy 118093 files from the left to the right to make the right a mirror. (On the Synchronization Preview) Which I am not sure what is going on there, the 2 directories already mirrored each other exactly, when I expand the list of what it wanted to mirror, I could walk the path manually and see the files there on the right side that it said it needed to copy to the right side.. The permissions and owners were the same between each side, the dates and times were the same on the files I compared.. Not sure why it needs to copy those to make it a mirror. Some directories it only chose like 5 out of 20+ files it needed to copy, and when I compare those it found, I can't find any difference..

I even tried turning off the copy permissions and owner off and ignore timestamp all together, to see if that would change that outcome.. It did not.

I also tried running the show statistics now in the More section of Comparison, and it gave me the results below: All the directores it listed that were "Folders found only on left-hand side " were also on the right side.

Verification Results for Profile test
Left Base Folder : /smb/7
Right Base Folder : /nfs/backup07

TOTALS: Left Right
----------------- | -----------------
3678 Files | 2838 Files
- 0 skipped | - 0 skipped
= 3678 synced | = 2838 synced
826 Folders | 710 Folders
- 0 skipped | - 0 skipped
- 35 orph/empt| - 0 orph/empt
= 791 synced | = 710 synced

orph/empt = folder contains no files or only files that are skipped/filtered

Folders found only on left-hand side: 116
Folders found only on right-hand side: 0
Files found only on left-hand side: 840
Files found only on right-hand side: 0

Differing files (not identical): 0

Folders found only on left-hand side (116)
acer

Re: Errors on first test of Linux Version

Postby superflexible on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:21 am

Hello,

to look into the arithmetic overflow error, I would need to have a full log file created with "File List Building Details". These can be chosen on the Program Settings dialog, tab sheet Logs. You can send it to support@superflexible.com.

But first, please install the latest version from our web site (currently 5.52).

To look into the issue where it wants to copy files that are already mirrored, please post a screenshot of the Sync Preview where I can see these files.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby acer on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:58 pm

I will send an email when I get a chance with the more verbose logging included on the error.

The 2nd part I spoke of, I found out when I have the right side be an NFS share instead of SAMBA, then super flexible sees both the left and the right as being identical.

I am currently using Samba 3.6.0, I also tried 3.5 (I don't recall the minor version exactly)

It is weird, almost like Super Flexible is reading the right side so fast SAMBA misses something, because the directories it claims need to be synced to the right side are there on the right side, and the attributes, time (including seconds) match exactly.

It seems to be the same exact # each time though that it thinks it needs to sync.

Edit: BTW my testing this time was with the most current version. (5.52 it says)
acer

Postby superflexible on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:08 am

If you look at the other posts in this forum, I think it is probably the same problem that another user has with one of the more recent Linux kernels.

I would need a log with File List Building Details for this problem too.
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Linux Support