Keep original timestamps for restored folders?

No more questions - please go to http://www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Keep original timestamps for restored folders?

Postby bitfidelity on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:51 pm

I am backing things up to Amazon Cloud Drive but can't figure out how to maintain the timestamps on folders when I restore files. I did a search and saw suggestions to check "Preserve Last Access TimeStamp On Source" (Files>More) and "Folder Timestamp Comparison" (Comparison>More), but the timestamps of any restored folders continue to reflect when the folders were uploaded to Amazon Cloud Drive rather than the timestamps on the original folders.

I guess what I am looking for is "Filename Encoding" (Versioning) for folders.
bitfidelity

Re: Keep original timestamps for restored folders?

Postby superflexible on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:22 pm

Folder timestamps are not supported on any cloud service, at least not with Syncovery.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby superflexible on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:08 pm

However, I think what you need is the following feature, available on the "Folders" tab sheet in the profile:

X Ensure Folder Timestamps Reflect the Most Recently Modified Files in the Subtree

You can't choose this in the Restore Wizard, so you need to create your own restore profile.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby bitfidelity on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:26 pm

I created a restore profile and checked that option ("ensure folder timestamps..."), but the folder creation date still reflects when the folder was created in the cloud backup rather than when the original folder was actually created on the source drive. I guess I might be out of luck.
bitfidelity

Postby superflexible on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:26 am

Thanks for your post, I will look into this and let you know what I find.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby superflexible on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:51 pm

This function affected only the folder's "Last Modification" date, which you can't see in a folder's properties in Windows Explorer. You can see it in a detailed list view, however.

In Syncovery 7.65, I have now extended the timestamp feature to set both the Creation Date and the Last Modification Date. "Last Access" will show the time of the actual folder creation by Syncovery (i.e. the time of the download).
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Windows Support * new forum: www.syncovery.com/forum