Exclude File from Deletion

No more questions - please go to http://www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Exclude File from Deletion

Postby KeyserSoze on Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi Guys,
First I want to state I am a newbie And this is my fIrst time setting up a profile.

I setup a Mirror profile of two removable WD hard-drives and I want to EXCLUDE a few files on the destination drive from being deleted. Can anyone supply me with instruction on how to do this?

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated,

Keysersoze
KeyserSoze

Re: Exclude File from Deletion

Postby spagnola on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:18 am

if you have that file selected on the SOURCE side, to be copied, I don't know if you ca exclude it from being deleted on the destination side, if it gets deleted on teh source side.

can you describe your scenario, what you're trying to do?
spagnola

Re: Exclude File from Deletion

Postby superflexible on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Hello,
you can specify Exclusion Masks which cause the matching files to not be updated or deleted.

You can type complete file names in the Exclusion Masks field too.

I assume you do want other files to be deleted if they do not exist on the source side? Otherwise you could just use Standard Copying, which never deletes anything. Or SmartTracking and set deleted files to "Ignore".

Whenever possible, it would be good to have such files in a separate folder, i.e. files that aren't on both sides of the sync.

If possible do not sync with the root folder of a removable drive, because that makes you inflexible. Just create a folder and move everything there and sync with the folder. Then you can have other items outside of the hierarchy being synced.
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Windows Support * new forum: www.syncovery.com/forum