Amazon Drive - errors

No more questions - please go to http://www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Amazon Drive - errors

Postby Jouko on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:20 pm

I keep getting errors like:
Error creating folder. It's possible that the server does not allow this name:ext://Amazon Cloud Drive/MyCloud/RemovedWork/Latitude E5470
These are not Syncovery generated but is there some setting that will work. I did try the solution given by a user where he used the drive letter instead of recommended drive name. Did not help. Back up is also very slow. Some 200 small files in 50 minutes or 2200 kB of 113Gb :(

If the problem is the folder name is it possible to change the name automatically to something that works?

Using version 7.85h (64 bit) for testing on Win 10 and backing up from a network drive. Back up is a storage application and data will not change - only new folders added with files, which are then uploaded.
Jouko

Re: Amazon Drive - errors

Postby Jouko on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:47 pm

I cancelled the back up as it was not working. Looked at the log file, attached short version. Interesting information:
- Folder creation not possible reason given. I had used the same folder name at Amazon before for testing. I deleted it but Amazon doesn't allow the same name usage. Syncovery gives an error message but unfortunately not the original error message.
- Log says that no files were uploaded. Program said that so and so many files were uploaded, see the first message.

I changed the folder name at Amazon and started back up again. No error messages and speed is acceptable. 390 small files or 120500 kB in just over 8 min.

Maybe it would be worth to look to improve Syncovery program reporting. Possibility to view the log file when the back up is in progress?
Attachments
RemovedWork_WDM_Cloud - 2017-11-26 18.22.08 - INCOMPLETE. 0 copied of 114860, Errors with 255 File(s).log
(34.45 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Jouko

Re: Amazon Drive - errors

Postby superflexible on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:58 am

Hello,
thanks for the report and the suggestion about log files! I will see what I can improve.

Apparently Syncovery was still trying to upload to the folder that was already in the trash. Obviously it needs to recognize this condition and handle it properly. I will work on it.
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Windows Support * new forum: www.syncovery.com/forum