Access issue

No more questions - please go to http://www.syncovery.com/forum instead

Moderator: SuperFlexible Administrators

Access issue

Postby Darasydney on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi from Sydney

We would be grateful if you could shed any light on our problem with accessing the left path in one of our profiles.

Profile Name : xxx-dropbox

Left Base Folder : \\172.23.xxx.xx\Transfer\COPY TO xxxx\Drop
Right Base Folder : \\xxxxx-cs.xxxxxxxxx.broadcast\client\mtv

Copying Direction : Left To Right

We have being using Super Flexible for some month now in out working environment for a couple of months. We have a couple of profiles set up within Super flexible and are working away no problems. That is all but one its being a torn in our side for about 3 months.

In a nut shell we have a profile set to run in schedule mode to run twice a day to do the transfer (left path - to Right path) The left leg is watching a drop folder on a XSan drive on our network

We thought it may have been a rights access issue but we have double checked with the password used in superflexible and it correct.
To make the situation even stranger when we kick off the transfer manually via superflexible it works OK but cannot when you use the schedule function within superflexible

Super Flexible File Synchronizer v4.90, build 323

Licensed to: xxxxxxxxxxx

Log for profile xxxx-dropbox2, started at 12:47:25 PM on 11/04/2010

LEFT: \\172.23.145.24\copy to xxxx\Drop
RIGHT: \\general-cs.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx\client\xxx

Copying Direction : Left To Right
The profile is executed by the scheduler in a separate process.

Left Side Volume Name:
Right Side Volume Name: client

Preparing , base=\xxxx
Preparing , base=\xxxx

Move Deleted Files Into Folder Setting is OFF.

Cannot access left path: \\172.23.xxx.xxx\copy to xxxx\Drop
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

The Notification Email is now being prepared.
Recipients :
Waiting to send email at 12:47:25 PM
Now sending email at 12:47:25 PM
Connecting to 203.29.xx.x
Connection successful.
Sending Email.
Email sent successfully.

As you see from the logs above the log states unknown user name or bad password,
we have check the password and the rights access on the XSan drive and we have access to that folder on the XSAN.
We checked to see if it was a firewall issue and could see no problem.

So Please could you answer my query!!
Why when we run Super flexible using the schedule on the profile with the problem we cannot access the left path but when we run the profile manually it works and can access the left path!!

Any ideas!!!
Darasydney

Re: Access issue

Postby superflexible on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:59 am

Hello,

please try to avoid the "Run As User" setting in Superflexible. It cannot be used to specify credentials for network drives. If you have chosen that, please remove any credentials specified there. You can try using the "Network Connections" checkmark, but even better would be installing the scheduler as a service and giving it a user account that always has access to the drive.

All the information for this problem is here:
http://www.superflexible.com/docs.htm

See the question in the middle:
Using the service, I get "cannot access left/right path" - why?

See also information about the service:
http://www.superflexible.com/docup.htm
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby Darasydney on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:46 am

Thanks for your reply

Super flexible is installed as a service.

We have many profiles running through out the day. The problem lie with a drop folder on a xsan. We I smb from the machine the superflex software is installed I can access the location.

When I SMB to the drive I want to access from the machine that runs superflexible, we are prompted for user and password.. Both are entered and we gain access to the XSAN.

We then run of the profiles to access the Xsan using the schedule in superflexible.
It does not work!!

When we run flexible manually its gains access and works..
Both password and user are used in the profile so its not a password/user issue.

We know its not rights access issue. We have sent lots of time trying to solve this problem and cannot!!

Any Ideas!!!!
Darasydney

Postby superflexible on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:57 am

I don't know what you mean with SMB.

In Windows Explorer, you should enter a UNC path like \\devicename\sharename. Then if Windows Explorer prompts for username and password, make sure it remembers it and will never ask again! If it cannot remember it, then you have a problem. I think this can happen with non-Professional versions of Windows.

The other way to make the connection is to use the "Network Connections" option on the Job tab sheet in the profile. As Network Path, try specifying only \\devicename\sharename or even only \\devicename !!!!! Then add user name and password, and make sure you do not choose "Disconnect after profile has finished" because the disconnection may cause other jobs to fail.
superflexible
Site Admin

Postby Darasydney on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi

Just to update you on the status of our problem with not gaining access when we used the schedule service on Super Flexible.

Good News it worked.. Thank you for help.
We use the SUperflexible software in a broadcast environment. We are very happy with this piece of software.
It serves us well.

Another question!!! We are currently running approx 14 profiles at various times.When a profile is transferring using the schedule service. When I create and try to run another profile using the schedule it does not run. Do I have to wait until all profiles have stopped running before the new profile I have just scheduled to run.

We have set the ball in motion do a possible software upgrade to v5.

Thanks
Darasydney

Postby superflexible on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:10 am

You can create and change profiles at any time and the scheduler should pick it up immediately, if you have chosen "Start profiles in parallel (in separate process") on the Tools and Settings button menu on the Scheduler tab sheet.
superflexible
Site Admin

Return to Windows Support * new forum: www.syncovery.com/forum